A Flexible Cutting Die Company You Can Depend On
The bottom line in any industry is finding ways to run faster, cheaper and with more efficiency. As your preferred supplier of flexible dies for envelopes, labels and direct mail, BEST works as a partner to improve in each of these areas without sacrificing quality. BEST is unique in the Envelope Converting Industry because we offer tremendous added value for our preferred customers at little to no additional cost.
BEST has the manufacturing capacity to handle all of your flexible cutting die needs, with five etching lines and five CNC sharpening machines dedicated to flexible dies for all models of W&D and F.L. Smithe envelope machines. BEST custom designs and manufactures both flexible magnetic dies and magnetic cylinders with guaranteed compatibility and high performance in your machines. When you buy a flexible die from BEST, it is easy to store, less expensive to ship and in most cases, ready for same or next-day shipment.
Flexible Die Coating for Cutting Full-Coverage Ink And Tough Materials
Are you struggling with cutting through full-coverage ink, matte paper (high clay content) or other abrasive materials such as Hybrid Vellum? For a minimal fee, BEST can manufacture our flexible dies with a Special Chrome plating applied In-House. This treatment is proven to extend flexible die life up to five times longer than the standard materials. Other companies may offer Teflon Coating as a solution, but this only adds a minimal increase in lubricity that wears off quickly.
What differentiates our coating from the competition? Increased hardness for longer runs, additional lubricity which reduces paper dust and corrosion protection.
Flexible Dies for Your Industry
The flexible dies we manufacture are the best choice for a range of applications in numerous industries, including:
- Envelope converting: Our high-caliber flexible dies are ideal for envelope converting applications because they work with numerous envelope machines — including all F.L. Smithe and W&D models.
- Labels and direct mail: CNC-sharpened flexible dies produce accurate labels every time, so you can speed up your operations and improve your company’s productivity.
- Nonwoven, medical and personal care: Our flexible dies feature optional chrome plating for increased strength and durability. The plating extends the die’s life span and is essential when cutting nonwoven items and other hard-to-cut materials.
- Packaging: Custom-made flexible dies from Best Cutting Die provide packaging manufacturers with maximum performance and reliable results when cutting any material.
The Benefits of Flexible Dies
Label and packaging printing is a competitive industry, and most businesses are looking for ways to speed up production, improve efficiency and increase productivity. Flexible dies are becoming increasingly popular among companies that want an advantage over their competition. There are numerous benefits to choosing flexible dies over solid tooling, including:
- Cost: Flexible dies are more cost-effective to manufacture and ship because they consist of a thin sheet of metal instead of a solid metal drum.
- Turnaround time: Thanks to innovative CNC technology, we can manufacture and ship flexible dies fast to minimize your downtime.
- Strength: The special optional chrome plating on our flexible dies offers increased strength and longevity.
- Versatility: Flexible dies can cut through numerous materials, including paper products, nonwoven fabric and foil.
- Storage: Large rotary dies take up a lot of space, and many manufacturers have a limited amount available. Flexible dies require less floor space because workers can stack them or store them on racks or in file cabinets.
At Best Cutting Die, we make converting to flexible dies even more convenient by providing customers with accurate design mock-ups and quotes within minutes.
BEST provides a paper and carbon test cut for each flexible die delivered. While other suppliers might provide carbon or paper samples typically cut on an adjustable test station, our carbon and paper samples are cut on a testing station made exclusively for the specified die height and is then locked in, matching the “zero position” setting for your cutting station. Coupled with consistent procedures, this will ensure the quickest and most accurate setup possible, while reducing flexible die loss that comes from crushing dies due to inconsistent die heights.
We’re committed to streamlining your manufacturing process while improving your finished product’s overall value. Our quality control process ensures your new dies are easy to set up and use, letting you speed up operations and improve efficiency ratings as quickly as possible.
On-Site, Online & Field Training
We improve capacity and productivity by simplifying and shortening the flexible die setup process while also maximizing the life of the flexible dies. This is accomplished through our comprehensive training and maintenance program. Followed properly, this customer-dedicated program ultimately leads to tremendous cost savings. As your Preferred Flexible Die Supplier, BEST offers your company the opportunity to participate in this program to improve all aspects of your flexible die-cutting business.
The same experienced technicians that install our BEST Magnetic Cylinders on-site are also available for field training throughout the year. Field training emphasizes proper die setup and maintenance techniques, while also troubleshooting any existing cutting problems.
Continued reinforcement of the training program and proper maintenance procedures can be very valuable in maintaining productivity and efficiency on your factory floor. Significant cost savings will be realized from less flexible die scrap, quicker setup times and other valuable improvements.
This program is reflective of our company’s ultimate goal: providing our clients with the highest quality of service. We believe in offering the best customer care both before and after sales.
Connect With Best Cutting Die Today
At Best Cutting Die, we care about our customers, which is why we’re committed to providing them with exceptional service before and after sales. Our team prides itself on designing and manufacturing products that help our customers improve their processes and increase their efficiency. As flexible die manufacturers with over 50 years of experience, we have the expertise to get you cost-effective, streamlined die cutting solutions for your application.
Contact our team online or speak to a specialist today by calling 847-675-5522.
Label Draw & Quote Design Studio