Magnetic Cylinders & Shells
BEST has installed thousands of magnetic cylinders worldwide and is considered the expert provider in the envelope converting industry.
We custom design and manufacture both flexible dies and magnetic cylinders to guarantee compatibility and high performance in your machines. Our magnetic cylinders are available for the profile, window and separation sections of most models of W+D and F.L. Smithe envelope machines. This includes both Web and Blank Fed applications.
Custom designs for a variety of special applications are also available when you choose to use our services. Imagine it and we’re happy to take a look!
BEST also manufactures and installs anti-jam systems, widia bar kits, bearing housing units, shafts and various other parts and accessories that are required or optional for each conversion.
BEST Magnetic Cylinders are proven “Best in Class”
Are you considering your first conversion from hard tooling or increasing the number of machines cutting with flexible dies?
Ask for a copy of our helpful Return on Investment (ROI) analysis that details the decision-making process and the cost analysis for a typical customer when considering the conversion from hard tooling to magnetic cylinders and flexible dies. This report is provided as a tool to help you evaluate the process; actual results may vary by customer.
Featured Magnetic Cylinder
Combination Window/Side Knife
Our featured magnetic cylinder is a flexible die cutting system for booklet style envelopes. This state-of- the-art product can be used in conjunction with the following machines:
– W+D: 102, 202, 527, 627, 328, 126, 226, 249, 241, 38R and more
– F.L. Smithe: RA 0 and 1.5 degree, Combo 9, Combo 10, SW & BOE
Advantages & Features:
- Made from fully hardened tool steel for increased wear resistance
- Permanent Rare Earth magnets
- Eliminates “High Die” pre-cutting of blanks by cutting the 4-corner Profile in the Window Section
- Reduces converting waste by a minimum of 3 to 5%
- Can be used to cut out windows only or 4-corner cutting and windows at the same time
- 360 degree vacuum
- Minimum 24 individually controlled vacuum ports
- Magnetic Cylinder has only one leading edge hold-down bar and one screw
- 360 degree control of blank and chips
- TIR max. .0002 inch (.005mm)